Thursday, September 17, 2009

Round Top Antiques Fair Watch Day One

Ok, everyone, here's the latest and greatest on the upcoming Round Top Antiques Fair as of today.
Tents are going up, and the first show opens Sunday. I took a ride down the 237 to see how things were progressing.....

La Bahia, nothing yet. It's a great venue, the first coming up from Houston and turning left on the 237 which goes thru Round Top to Warrenton.

Blue Hills a little further down the road is the farthest along as they will open this Sunday. Mike has installed planters, and the parking areas look like they have plenty of gravel...


Entrance to Blue Hills.



They are already stocking up, dealers are starting to arrive.


The restaurant at Blue Hills. It will feature food from Brenham's K-Bob's steakhouse. You can also get a margarita. (it's called civilized antiquing....)


The Big Red Barn, preparation is underway....


Do you think these two "Toilettes" will be enough???HAHA. Don't worry there will be more by opening day.
Opening Sept 30th.....


The ever popular Marburger Antiques Show. Tents are all over the place.


Last year there were 10? of these plus 7 outbuildings.


EXCESS antiques fair. Even though the calendar says the 29th, it is already going.....


More Excess.....

BARN BOY Claude Gauthier's area, great source for iron beds, vintage signs etc.
I'll check back later to see how things are going. For info on the dates a great source is the Round Top Chamber of commerce. They are here. You can click on antiques show schedule and print out the calendar. They also have a toll free # 888-368-4783.

After Round Top stop in Brenham and say hi to us at Beadboard.......


8 comments:

  1. Oh, I would love to have a day or ten to shop that sale!!! Lucky you,all the best,Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissy!
    You have to do this! And yep it could take ten days to go through all of it! It happens twice a year in October and April. April is great too with all the wildflowers.....I'll post more pics as it progresses.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You live close enough! Come in April!Bring lots of pillows!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

    Marburger and Excess are my favorite locations to scout.

    If anyone is looking for anything in particular, let me know... I will most likely be able to find it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maryanne - Can't wait! What fun to see the photos from this week. Wish I could get there sooner, but it will be next week for me. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WoW! I saw so many things in your photos that have me just swooning! What a fun place. I would love to go there sometime.
    bunny hugs,
    shell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok..now I get it, this I don't want to miss. If I'm still here in Sept. I'll be there. Looks like a gal could do some serious damage.

    hugsx

    ReplyDelete