Saturday, July 30, 2011

Floridian Art, Family Style

Marie Decosta is an artist.....She has, over the years developed an edgy style,
with bright colors and subjects. While I like her flowers, and landscapes, she has developed a following in Florida for her pictures of Surf, Surfers and all things Floridian, which is why I sent some examples of her work to Linda of Lime in the Coconut! Linda loved the Floridian side of Marie's art so we are blogging together... Who Better????  She is doing the beachy stuff and me the flowers etc......See here at http://www.coconutsandlimes.blogspot.com/


 Living in Florida for recent years Marie has tackled different venues, 
This example called Tiffany's Garden seems like one of their glass artworks......

The use of bold color in her art makes her style unique and noticeable.  This is Peacock Blues.  She has
exhibited in Museums, Galleries, Banks and now has reproductions available.

Timothy  Leary's Melting Electric Garden ( sold ) RATS! Marie has studied under William Greet of Cambridge England and Peter Ceretta of NYC and Fla.

Wild Orchids Sold (RATS!)  Her affiliations are in Daytona, St Augustine, Brandon Fla and other areas not far from Ormand Beach.


This is sold but I love the dripping flowers.......

This Yellow Butterfly is one of my favorites...

Look at how this Moth has so much color!

Sweet "New Kitty"..

LOVE him! Her????

I know that she loved Georgia O'Keefe's work too.... It's not in her bio. The reason I know is that I have seen some of her early work.  VERY EARLY.... It showed talent and potential.
I know, because she is my sister...... I am very proud of her accomplishments.  To investigate Marie's work further go to http://www.marie-decosta.artistwebsites.com/  She is represented by http://www.anartaffairgallery.com/
Thanks to Linda at Lime in the Coconut for the collaboration.xo
AND don't forget our second annual VIRTUAL TRUNK SHOW FEATURING OUR BEADBOARD COLLECTION KNITWEAR AUGUST 4TH THROUGH THE 8TH;)

7 comments:

  1. Talented sisters, indeed!! My pleasure to do a tribute to her work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a happy weekend Maryanne....I loved your twin posts with Linda...your sister is very talented....xv

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote goes to the butterfly! Fantastic!!! :-)

    God bless and have a great weekend :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maryanne her art is stunning and indeed very unique, I am so excited for Marie!

    Excited to see Linda's post as well!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. You are two talented sisters. Love her use of bold color. The butterflies are amazing. So realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will love Merci.... Grazie is the restaurant from the son of the Merci founders and don't forget to go to BONTON in the same street a few doors down to merci Great interior too!
    bon voyage

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like the moth and the tiger.
    everything else???
    i am sorry.
    but... not so much.

    how the hell are ya anyway?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete