Sunday, July 17, 2011

Lighting, Mother Nature's Style

The ultimate in lighting.....And it's free for you to enjoy on summer nights.
(image by leebyron.com)


Word has it the fireflies in the East Coast are prolific this year due to rain..
(image from google.com via pinterest)


Not so here...
(image from grogrenefabulous.com via pinterest)


(image from smithsonianmag.com)



Having grown up on the East Coast I remember putting them in the jar to see them light up.
I know better now.. Just watch.. and enjoy.
(image from metrolic.com)



9 comments:

  1. Oh I remember catching lighting bugs as we called them and filling a jar as a kid too. We also used to pull off there tail and make rings. Nasty little kids that we were. Have a great week. Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lightening bugs! Some people don't believe it when you tell them about them!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohh, thank you thank you Maryanne, I had forgotten they existed!!!! a flash back to my childhood, so lovely!!!
    hugs dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maryanne,

    We do not have lightening bugs, over here, so great to see your ones. Thanks for sharing and hope that you have a wonderful week

    Hugs
    Cariktb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn - sorry I was typing quickly to go and check on dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how come they are sooooo cool??
    i could get into collecting them in jars.
    but the....i am just a kid deep down inside.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fireflies! As I swim at night, I feel immersed in a magical world, filled with fireflies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I reach adulthood without experiencing fireflies? They sound so magical - do I need to spend a summer on the East Coast?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fireflies! Aren't they amazing!

    ReplyDelete